Japanese woman shares shocking images from when she weighed just 37lbs before she was ‘rescued from abusive grandfather who starved her’

  • Japanese woman shared photos of herself while weighing just 37lbs (16.8kg)
  • She claims she had been starved by her abusive grandfather as a teenager 
  • Woman, from Kyoto, was rescued some ten years ago and has now recovered

A Japanese woman who says she survived years of domestic abuse from her own grandfather has shared photos of herself weighing just 37lbs.

In a series of Twitter posts, she revealed how her grandfather had refused to feed her and physically abused her when she was caught eating.

Selfies taken just before she was hospitalised ten years ago, shows the woman, from Kyoto, central Japan, looking shockingly thin with protruding hipbones and rib-cage.

Shocking: The Japanese woman shared images from when her weight plummeted down to just 37lbs or 16.8kg — allegedly as a result of being starved by her grandfather

Recovered: The woman, pictured left with a friend, is now in her 20s and has recovered from her ordeal a decade ago

The woman described how when living in the care of her grandfather more than ten years ago, he repeatedly starved her.

She claimed in a tweet that she was ‘forbidden to eat’ by her abusive grandparent, who would ‘kick me in the belly’ or force her to spit the food out when she was caught eating in secret.

The physical abuse, she said, would then make her vomit.

She finally ended up weighing just 16.8 kilograms — a shocking 37 lbs — on the scale.

In her social media post, she urged those suffering from similar abuse or eating disorders not to wait, saying they should ‘ask for help before it’s too late’.

Abused: The woman claims she was ‘forbidden to eat’ by her abusive grandparent, who would kick her ‘in the belly’ if he caught her eating
Proof: When her story was questioned on social media, the young woman shared another series of photos, reprtredly taken when she had been hospitalised,

Starved: Images of the woman’s hands and legs show how shockingly thin she had become right before she was hospitalised

When she was eventually rescued, experts told her she was ‘ten minutes away from death’, she added.

When social media users accused her of faking the images, she posted a series of other photographs which were reportedly taken in hospital, which also shows bruises on her chest and neck.

Now, ten years later and in her 20s, she says she has recovered from her ordeal and is of a healthy weight.

The woman has not divulged if any actions were taken against her grandfather nor where any other family members were at the time.


Like this post? Please share to your friends: